Monday, June 2, 2014

Sunday Roast

I chose the first day of winter to launch my Sunday roast at my Double Bay store and it went down an absolute treat!
We set the store up beautifully with a lovely new timber table from Elements I Love perched out on the street with an old champagne bucket full with my favourite roses. In true Simmone Logue style, I set the scene for what was a wonderful afternoon. Although the sun wasn't shining, the rain stayed away and it was the type of weather that made us all want to tuck into a hearty plate of goodness.
I cooked the lamb shoulders for 5 hours in a little bit of stock, lots of fresh herbs, red wine, and aromatic vegies. The lamb ticked along on 150°C until the meat was almost falling off the bone. The vegies caramelised up nicely with whole garlic cloves bumped up alongside kumera, Queensland blue pumpkin, onion, and baby carrots.
To finish off the dish - a tossed bright green sweet as sweet peas in mint relish with lashings of butter. What a treat this meal was with a generous ladle of rosemary jus.
I also served my famous bread and butter pudding which made me feel quite sentimental as it was one of the first desserts I baked when I started my business. People even came back for seconds!
Sorry to the people who missed out last week as it's important to book. This Sunday I will be stuffing organic chickens with spec and sage, and serving them with tarragon jus and roast vegies. I also plan to bake a big apple crumble and serve it with vanilla bean ice cream.

See you all there, and don't forget to book on (02) 9327 5700.

Simmone x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Simmone,
    We would like to share your blog's recipes on EveryRecipe Australia (www.everyrecipe.com.au).
    Adding your blog will make your content available to our users and send you additional traffic. To have a better visibility and compare the number of visits of your blog with other popular Australian sites, install the myTaste widget.

    You can add your blog from the main page in the Top Blogs section (Food blogger? Join!).

    Hope to see you soon on EveryRecipe,
    EveryRecipe Australia

    ReplyDelete