Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Fun

How great was the weather this Easter?? Normally this time of the year we are lighting the fire.

This year we took long walks on the beach at dusk, did our daily walk to the local coffee shop for lattes and newspapers, explored our local vintage stores, and of course we had so much fun in the kitchen....




I had my close friends from elementsilove.com staying with me which is always lots of fun. They helped me clean paint off and wax an old favourite piece of furniture I've had for years under the house. We knocked it up in under an hour - it was really quite amazing to watch!



On Good Friday I poached a nice big side of trout and pumped a bowl of boiled baby chats with fresh chives along the side. Adding a lovely fresh rocket salad with spikey lime and dill mayo hit the spot for a luxurious and easy Friday night dinner.



Saturday my friend, Brooke, roasted spatchcock in the oven with cauliflower, cherry tomatoes and caramelised garlic...... what an absolute treat!!! Isn't it funny how food always tastes better when somebody else prepares it for you?

Monday we had a big bake off. My pork and fennel sausage rolls were a hit and while the oven was hot we banged out a batch of the best Anzac biscuits I think I've ever tasted!



Lots of cups of tea and a good old girly chinwag saw a great weekend come to a close, but not before one more misty and contemplative walk in the sand......


Anzac Biscuits

1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup coconut125g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon water
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda

  1. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the rolled oats, brown sugar, and coconut and mix well.
  2. In a second bowl melt the butter and add the golden syrup, water, and bicarb soda. Then add to the dry ingredients bowl and mix well.
  3. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto a lined baking tray. Bake in the oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes. Store in an air tight container.


My Anzacs will be available for the month of April at both the Simmone Logue stores and at the new Elements I Love store in Surry Hills.



Simmone x

No comments:

Post a Comment